Most people know they shouldn’t text and drive, but the behavior still persists. Become familiar with the laws that have been put in place to temper distracted driving with the following links. If you do find yourself in an accident that was caused by someone else’s distracted driving, give the personal injury attorneys at Malman Law a call at (312) 983-6193.
- Visit HandsFreeInfo.com to learn about Illinois’ most recent distracted driving legislation.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety offers a convenient chart listing the basic cell phone restrictions for every state.
- Learn the specifics of Illinois’ laws regarding text messaging while driving at ILGA.gov.
- For details on the ban regarding motorists’ cell phone use near an emergency scene, read this article from the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Find out what to do after a car accident and how you can seek compensation for injuries incurred by another driver in this pamphlet from the Illinois State Bar Association.