Even when driving responsibly, accidents and injuries can occur. When you add in a distracting or dangerous behavior, the chances for an accident increase dramatically. Read more about the impact of distracted driving with the following resources.
- This article illustrates just how dangerous an accident with a semi-truck can be—especially if the driver is under the influence of drugs.
- In South Carolina, a distracted driver caused the deaths of two bicyclists. Read more about the case here.
- This report comparing drunk drivers and distracted drivers will make you think twice before picking up your cell phone when you’re on the road.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety lists the laws regarding cell phone use while driving in every state.
- For a different take on distracted driving, read this article about Jennifer Smith, a woman who sued cell phone companies after her mother was killed by a driver who was on his cell phone.
If you have been injured in an accident due to the negligent driving habits of another, contact the personal injury attorneys with Malman Law in Chicago at (312) 983-6193.